Easy Homemade Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce Recipe. You need a new dish in a hurry? Stumped by how to make that something special? Do you feel constantly hassled when it comes to thinking of putting a meal on the table at the end of a busy day? We can help with your busy lifestyle. You can find Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce here.
While you might think these recipe to be quite complex and time consuming, most of them are quite simple, using less than ten ingredients and can be completed inside of an hour. The best part is how incredibly delectable these recipes are. The taste reminds you of dining in a 5 star restaurant, while in the comfort of your own home.
Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce is one of the most popular of current trending foods on Pinterest. It’s easy, it’s quick, and its yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce is something which I’ve loved when my friend come in week day. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients and a few step. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Homemade Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce Recipe
- Creole Shrimp - Sausage - Bayou Swamp Sauce & Supplies
- FOR THE SHRIMP BRINE 3 lb Frozen EX Large Raw Gulf Shrimp [shell in - de-veined - rinsed]
- 4 tbs Kosher Salt & 3 tbs Granulated Sugar [for the shrimp brine]
- FOR THE BAYOU SWAMP SAUCE 1 large Lemon [cut in half - reserve half for shrimp boil]
- 3 stick [4 oz] Quality UNSALTED Butter [like Tillamook]
- 1 lb Pre-Cooked Smoked Andouille [sliced at angle]
- 1/3 cup Red Tabasco [+ extra to taste]
- 1/2 cup Seafood Broth
- 5 tbsp Jarred Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Each: Creole Seasoning - Cayenne Pepper - Old Bay Seasoning - Paprika - Red Pepper Flakes - Black Pepper - Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Medium White Onion [chopped]
- 3 large Stalks Celery [with leaves - chopped]
- 1/4 cup Chives [chopped]
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper [chopped]
- 1 (12 oz) Bottle Red Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce [for serving]
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley & Chives [for plate garnish]
- 1/3 tsp Lemon Pepper
- FOR THE KITCHEN EQUIPMENT 1 large Pan With Lid 1 Large Pot With Lid
- 1 large Plastic Bowl [for brining shrimp]
- 1 large Strainer
- FOR THE SOPPING BREAD 2 extra large soft Loaf Artisanal Or French Bread [3" thick sliced]
- Garlic Butter Mixture
- FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SPREAD 2 sticks (4 oz) Unsalted Tillamook Real Butter [room temp]
- 1/3 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Purթed Garlic
- 1 dash Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Each: Dried Parsley & Dried Chives
- 1/2 tsp Each: Italian Seasoning & Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tbsp Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Paprika [sprinkle optional]
How To Make Easy Homemade Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce Recipe
Other than the brining process, do not add any additional salt to this dish. The Lemon Pepper, Hot Sauce, Creole and Old Bay Seasonings will each have plenty of sodium within them.
For shrimp brine
Add 1 cup hot water, 4 tbs kosher salt and 3 tbs granulated sugar to a plastic bowl. Mix well until completely dissolved.
Place uncooked, frozen shrimp in bowl and add 4 cups of ice to it. Brine should be at 36ë - 40ë to be effective. Also, add just enough cold water to totally cover shrimp.
Your shrimp are now dethawing and brining in this mixture. This method will plump your shrimp and lend that delectable fresh snap to them we all crave.
Allow shrimp to brine for 2 hours.
Following brine - preheat oven to 350ë
For vegetables, spices and bayou swamp sauce
Fine chop bell pepper, celery with leaves, garlic, white onions, chives, parsley and juice half lemon.
Also, slice pre-cooked Andouille Sausage into bite sized pieces at a slant or angle.
In a large pan with tight fitting lid, place all other ingredients [except for shrimp, garnishments other lemon half] and simmer 1/2 hour stirring regularly.
In the last 15 minutes of Step #8, bring your 2nd pot with water and 1/2 squeezed lemon to a very rapid boil. Leave lemon half in pot.
Add shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain shrimp in strainer immediately and quickly run cold water over shrimp to halt the cooking process.
Quickly peel shrimp and add to simmering Bayou Swamp Sauce. Let simmer on low for 2 minutes. Your shrimp will absorb the Creole seasonings as they tighten up. Stir occasionally.
Serve with sides of Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce and garnish plate with fresh chopped Parsley and Chives.
For your garlic spread
Evenly slice French Bread into 3" thick slices.
Mix all ingredients in the Garlic Butter Seasoning category together very well. Slightly heat in microwave if need be.
Place bread on cookie sheet butter side down. Lightly sprinkle bread slices with Paprika for both color and spice if desired.
Looking for more recipes? Check out our famous recipes below. You won’t regret it!